View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2018, 08:50 PM   #34530
rupertramjet
R.I.P.

Thanked 54,117 Times in 4,288 Posts
rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by crinolynne View Post
"that group of people"? You mean the OPCW investigators? I suspect a lot depends on whether or not the Russians allow them access to the site where the attack actually took place. I also suspect they know very well that there will be serious obfuscation, distrataction and misdirection involved. The chemical bit is easy, dealing with the politics in a war zone, not so much.
You are quite correct the OPCW team arrived in Damascus, and after a week, they were given permission to visit the sites, the UN naturally sent in a fully marked up convoy to do a threat report, at the first site, they were met by a large protest, and despite the heavy presence of Russian Military Police, it was made obvious that no support would be coming from that direction, the convoy leader made the decision that the OPCW team would be under serious threat, at the second site, the marked UN convoy came under heavy small arms fire, the decision made was obviously the same.

OPCW have managed to get people on the ground, but they report a great deal of 'sanitation work' has been done in the area.

I expect our Russian contributors will attack this post, I just remind everyone of two things, firstly the Russians have not retaliated, either militarily or diplomatically to the strikes, and secondly the Russians have gone very very quiet on the subject of Salisbury. The exception being the ridiculous claim about the 'D Notice'. One of the most secret documents ever issued by the British Government, which of course they would forward to the Russian Embassy.
rupertramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rupertramjet For This Useful Post: