View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2012, 12:46 AM   #12
haVEFun here
in mourning

Thanked 72,550 Times in 1,868 Posts
haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+haVEFun here 350000+
Default a try to answer and to help You

Quote:
Originally Posted by effCup View Post

a) black or white areas on reverse side showing through. NB, I scanned using an opaque brown piece of paper as "backing", plus 2 books. Still it shows through.

b) 2-page joins. What editing tools are good to use? I can "mend" some spots using spot healing or clone tools, but others are too difficult, or fiddly near the edges of colour areas, etc., i.e. I get unwanted effects.

c) levels, contrast, colour corrections. 05a shows all three used on "auto" in Photoshop. The scans were made on an Epson CX5900, with descreen & unsharp mask. The "orangey" tone is closer to the original than the post-fix 05a so I'll probably ditch the colour correction, but I think I prefer the levels & contrast effects (not shown in isolation, above).

d) page edges, creases, etc. What can I do to smooth/flatten/remove such? I think it's too much for the mend etc. tools mentioned in b) above?

Any suggestions?

Have You already looked in this thread ( I think You did, but anyway )

http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/t19868-request-for-scanning-advice.html

I am facing the same problems

for a) I use a matt black paper with a black cover book on the magazine page and still there is `color bleed through´ or `text bleed through` so the problem is less but not solved, i am still looking for a good solution, see also the post by member deepsepia (substract).

for b) if Your software has a `clone`tool provided you can mark a start spot near the edge of one page that you need to join (with my software it is ctrl and left mouse button) then start to join 2 page edges and by pressing and holding the left mosue button you draw a line over the to join pages, then there is a only a hard to see seam left to see. yes you need to get used to it to have a good result, i had to do it also by trial and error, learning by doing is time consuming but the best way.....

for c) i don´t know, did not use that in my scans posted, just have look at what i did post for the result that i achieved until now

for d) I do use the clone tool for all repair, time consuming but to me that gives the best result and importantly, it does the least affect to the originality

There are more tools available for cleaning. l have to look further into this

More threads about scanning are available in the help and the tutorial section maybe that helps You too.

i could give a try to Your images also, then send me a PM, i may not respond immediately but will do ASAP

Regards,

haVEFun here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...... R.I.P. Erdnuss
haVEFun here is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haVEFun here For This Useful Post: