View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2008, 01:59 AM   #5
Mad_Hatter
Vintage Member

Thanked 38,546 Times in 1,624 Posts
Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+

Quote:
I hate to burst your bubble CTRFLD_Admirer, but this "Lynda Carter nude" is a well-known fake that has been around for years and has been debunked by several sources including The Fake Detective...
I hate to burst your bubble, but the Fake Detective is wrong. BTW, that is the only site where I've seen it said to be a fake- all others refer to his site. So, if he's wrong, so would the others be. I had some emails with Mr. Fake over a decade ago, and found that his ego was such that even if proven wrong, he would never admit it. I found his arguments unconvincing. That someone would paint this pose of Lynda? Using the same clothes (note the rounded collars on both jackets) that Colleen Camp was wearing? Even the rings on the fingers? The Fake Detective said the same thing- if this was the case, how come they didn't come out earlier? Welll---

I've had a copy of this photo since 1980. There was a catalog put out by a small independent publishing company in California that published odd photos they had gotten hold of- Betsey Russell, Catherine Bach, Phoebe Cates, etc. This one was described simply as Lynda Carter- topless. So I ordered it. And it was remarkable. So, it may not have gotten wide circulation, but I've personally had a print of it for 27 years. I told old Fakeroo Detective that, but he didn't want to hear it. I offered to send him a scan of mine, which differs slightly in contrast from the above one. He refused. He said that OBVIOUSLY some artist decided to use the Colleen Camp Centerfold as a source and painted a fake. Why, I asked. Why THAT particular pose? All's he could think of was because Lynda Carter was supposed to be in Apocalpyse Now. Now you're saying that we can't go by that because it's only coming from Colleen Camp. Yet that's what the FD based his decision on in his emails to me. Can't have it both ways.

I have no problem believing Ms. Camp when she says Lynda was supposed to be in A-N. It's no more hearsay that Mr. FD saying that some artist painted it based on hearing Ms. Camp say that Lynda was the original Centerfold. Based on what? Just his conjecture.

So my findings have been that it being considered a fake is based solely on Mr. Detective saying so. I found him to be arrogant, and more than willing to stretch facts to fit theories rather than vice versa.

So, if you want to believe it's a fake, fine. But I for one feel that it's asking too much to believe that some artist decided out of the blue that using this photo of Colleen Camp would make a good basis for a fake painting (and Mr. Fake says it IS a painting) of Lynda.

And nothing changes the fact that I've had a copy of this photo for over 2 1/2 decades. Remember, it took 25 years for the photos of Sophia Loren in Era Lui, Si Si to surface! As a person who saw "Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw" in the movie theaters when it first came out and has been a Lynda Carter fan ever since, I've always been on the lookout for interesting items related to her.

I hope that I have set the record straight. For years the Fake Detective has screwed fans out of obtaining perhaps the best genuine topless photo of Lynda Carter. But, steer clear of autographed ones. THOSE are fake.

Quote:
I felt the posibilities posed by CTRFLD_Admirer needed to be researched a bit, so that's what I did, and since I knew you all would want to know what I found, hence the long post.
And I wanted to post a rebuttal that addressed the case of the Fake Detective (indeed, he IS a fake), hence my long response. I should have addressed this in my original posting, too. The only source that ever said it was a fake was by the Fake Detective. All others, like greg here, assumed he knew what he was talking about. But he does not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"We sang in the sunshine. Then she went on her way." ♫
Mad_Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Mad_Hatter For This Useful Post: