View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2018, 12:20 PM   #33627
Roubignol
Veteran Member

Thanked 29,726 Times in 3,826 Posts
Roubignol 100000+Roubignol 100000+Roubignol 100000+Roubignol 100000+Roubignol 100000+Roubignol 100000+Roubignol 100000+Roubignol 100000+Roubignol 100000+Roubignol 100000+Roubignol 100000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupertramjet View Post
We really do not need RT, we can predict the next few weeks Russian news, Putin winning the election (sic) by a fantastic majority the opposition getting but one vote, how crap the rest of the world is and that is that.

It is impossible to ban it in the UK by the way, there is no legal precedent or right, bit more false information.

Daft is it not? That the British are upset about our citizens being put at risk over Russia's internal affairs. Stupid British!
Medias all around the world are a big problem today.

In France, 95% of the newspapers are in hands of 9 billionaires.
How can we trust the neutrality of their informations?

It was the debate during the last votation in Switzerland.
Libertarians wanted to take the money of the national and regional TV and radios to redistribute it to private medias. Private medias own by... billionaires.

They were speaking about "freedom", but it was their point of view of freedom, to spread their speech.

I've to be honest, I don't know well RT, but looking at private American TV channels, are we that sure that they broadcast "neutral" opinions? Not that sure. Even informations given by state journalists are not that sure.

That must be a huge international debate of society, how can we get truthful informations.

Beeing a little bit anti old-fashion system, that I see as still terribly unfair, (I'm anticapitalist and antispecist), I'm really skeptical about reports made by socio-liberal meateater state or private journalists.

What is fake news today?
Telling that killing billions of farm animals each year is normal, that Apple or Samsung leaders get a fair politics, that travelling all around the world is good for the economy?

You work for the UNO, you probably know as well as I, that a lot of journalists are lazy people who only repeat and rewrite what is written by press agencies. They rarely make neutral investigations, because it's expensive and very difficult to get all the panel of informations.

Last edited by Roubignol; March 14th, 2018 at 12:47 PM..
Roubignol is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roubignol For This Useful Post: