View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2018, 08:50 AM   #14
halvar
Blocked!

Thanked 32,801 Times in 1,955 Posts
halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan View Post
Recently, I have been noticing very many threads where there are very many missing images.

The rest of the post is present, just not the images.

For example:

http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/sho...aroline+barker

this thread has 80 posts, but I can now only see images in 31 posts only.

I used to be able to see all images in that thread.

Now, post #28 seems to be the first to show images for me.
Diagnosis from a distance is not easy..

Check Different Browser
Try a different browser first. But be careful with old Internet Explorers on XP. Better use Chrome or Opera. If that works then your Firefox is the problem.

Ad- or Script-blockers
If you have ad- or script blockers installed try to disable them one by one and reload the page each time. If the image appears after you disabled a blocker you have the culprit. It then depends on the blocker if you can add an exception to it.

Check Page Info
  • open a single post where you have the problem to limit the context
  • Right Click to open the context menu.
  • Select "View Page Info".
  • A Dialog opens. Select the Media Tab. There you see the images that should appear on the page.
  • If you find an image in the list that cannot be displayed (no preview) copy the Location and paste it into the Browsers address bar
  • If it is a server problem, you will receive an error like "404 not found" or "501 internal error"
  • If there are no images listed in the Page Info Dialog a plug-in or something else is filtering your content.

Check Network Requests
  • Open a broken post
  • Open the Developer Tools
  • Switch to the network tab
  • Reload
  • All requests are listed. They should have status codes like 20x (OK) or 30x (Redirect). Status codes 40x and 50x indicate errors.

These measures could provide indicators where the problem lies.

Maybe you could list two or three posts that work and that don't. Or provide a screen shot of a broken post, if possible with open page info dialog or network requests.
halvar is offline   Reply With Quote