View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2018, 08:37 PM   #11023
Starkos
Hedonistic Thrill Seeker⚡

Thanked 36,474 Times in 1,627 Posts
Starkos 175000+Starkos 175000+Starkos 175000+Starkos 175000+Starkos 175000+Starkos 175000+Starkos 175000+Starkos 175000+Starkos 175000+Starkos 175000+Starkos 175000+
Exclamation Call Me by Your Name (2017) - Oscar bait - Gay alert

Just got back from watching it at the theater, let my date convince me to go see it even though I can't stand gay themed flicks, never seen Brokeback Mountain or Moonlight nor planning on to but i enjoyed this one (guess the fact that it was shot in Italy played a major role.)

Synopsis : In Northern Italy in 1983, seventeen year-old Elio begins a relationship with visiting Oliver, his father's research assistant, with whom he bonds over his emerging sexuality, their Jewish heritage, and the beguiling Italian landscape.

It's up for best picture oscar right now. A movie that would be right at home in some other thread we all know (wink wink nudge nudge) but given the cinematography, acting performances and striking landscape, it deserves to be seen and appreciated for what it is, a quiet drama.
Stars Armie Hammer (Social Network, Blackout), Timothée Chalamet and Michael Stuhlbarg.
At its core, it's a coming of age story, romance story, kinda tragic that just happens to be between two males.
It's got striking locations (italian countryside !), solid directing, great performances from the two leads and it really captures the time frame of the 1980's and the confusion of being a teenager.
This has possibly the greatest closing shot I've seen in a movie in a freaking long time. Once the screen stopped, I literally went 'wow' and i don't do that often.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Starkos; February 25th, 2018 at 10:26 AM..
Starkos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Starkos For This Useful Post: