View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2017, 08:51 PM   #266
FinnishLion

FinnishLion 100+FinnishLion 100+FinnishLion 100+

Here are some thoughts about the company itself.

The story was that Peter Theander sold Color Cimax to Silwa in 2001 and they continued publishing magazines and other stuff with the CC name. I wonder if it was a sale or merely a license?

Because Color Climax Corporation ApS existed until April 2007 until there was a fusion and it became part of "Anpartsselskabet Af 1. Marts 1984" (a.k.a. CCC-Print ApS). That company (Anpartsselskabet...) is still functioning and uses Color Climax Corporation ApS as its auxiliary company name.

(link, in Danish

http://www.proff.dk/firma/anpartssel...d/14272847-1/#

The CCC HQ building is now torn down, I understand.

I was in Copenhagen in 2012 and took some pictures of the HQ when it was still standing. There was a side door to the building that still said "Rodox Trading" with opening hours 8.15 a.m to 4.30 p.m Monday to Friday. This address was Lergravsvej 44 even if it was the same building which main facade was on Strandlodsvej 61.

Lergravsvej 52, which is given on the Color Climax webpage is a high rise flat (ordinary apartments) where you need a code to get in. On the mailboxes in front of it was no mention of "Richard Hansen" nor "Color Climax", so if anyone wants to check the compliance then better call beforehand, otherwise it will not work.

The website also says that all material is taken between 1967 and 2001, yet there was on the webpage at least one photoshoot which they claimed was taken in 2002 and they had "new videos" that looked very 2000's. Point is, the disclaimer on the website has many errors. My guess is that they have nothing in Denmark but in the US (Digital Palette) which might pay a fee to the rights owner Peter Theander.

In a way this has nothing to do with anything, I just wanted have my five cents here.

Last edited by FinnishLion; February 19th, 2017 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: typos, link added
FinnishLion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FinnishLion For This Useful Post: