View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2017, 09:42 AM   #47
paulnelson

Thanked 3,030 Times in 261 Posts
paulnelson 10000+paulnelson 10000+paulnelson 10000+paulnelson 10000+paulnelson 10000+paulnelson 10000+paulnelson 10000+paulnelson 10000+paulnelson 10000+paulnelson 10000+paulnelson 10000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomesing
A fake ?

tomesing

This picture was just identified as a fake (see post #10 by tomesing) but nevertheless there seems to be some confusion about the handling of it and the consequences according to the license plate (see post #11 by Xxphd : „Mirrored“ in the meaning of mirror inverted / post #12 by pferdewurst).
In order to throw some more light in this topic I collected all facts that were discussed around it and in addition to that I also want to decribe the approach from the original to the fraudulent falsification (fake).

Fact no. 1
As beutelwolf just stated in post #8 this picture was taken from Hochzeitsnacht-Report (1972).

Fact no. 2
The number plate on the car is CE – AM 866and CE represents the „vehicle licensing district“ of the german city/town Celle (population ca. 70.000, located in Lower Saxony).

Fact no. 3
As is was mentioned by Xxphd in Post #9 („Actually, I would like to see the movie clip if there is one. Possibly Ingrid was permitted to drive on a closed filmset. Doesn't appear to be a 'fake'.“) of course an actor or actress is allowed to drive a car on the setand you can play a chirurg without having a medical degree etc. etc. But in this case it wasn’t required because Ingrid was only the front-seat passenger.

And now to the most important or interesting thing in this case !
How did it go with the manipulation ?

The initial point was a snapshot from the original movie– so let’s start with this one (picture no. 2 posted by tomesing in post #10) :

Mirror inverted you get this picture – and now pay your attention to the number plate, it has to be read from right to left and not from left to right :

So the next step for the faker was to cut and paste the original number plate from the original into the mirror inverted one pretending this is the real position of Ingrid i.e. sitting on the right side on the driver’s seat.
This process has been done in this fake picture of post #7:

And now we come to the most specific feature – the number plate !
By enlarging the picture to a certain size and taking a snapshot only of the area around the number plate you can identify impurities while comparing the pixels at the border or frame of the „implanted“ number plate indicating explicitly that it is a fake :

So altogether this picture was only a „cheap trick“ !
But with the thought in mind to make us believe Ingrid was driving a car without license ?
Especially because of fact no. 3 (see above) this motive drops out in my opinion.
Therefore you could only fantasize about the real motivation to do this and perhaps it suggests itself that someone just wanted to show us to be able to create such a „work of art“.
It seems to be simply another example confirming the phrase or saying :

L’art pour l’art

Last edited by paulnelson; June 26th, 2017 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: new imagehost
paulnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to paulnelson For This Useful Post: