View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2018, 02:30 PM   #168
effCup
Vintage Idiot

Thanked 356,870 Times in 21,635 Posts
effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+effCup 1000000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoK View Post
The photo is credited to Serge Jacques, but also shows Claudie Perrin as the supposed photographer of the model named Manuela by Knave.

To me, either that is confirming the name of Svensson was used as an alias of Jacques, either that is was used by Claudie Perrin when she worked as photographer for Jacques' production, in addition to the alias of Sarah Joyce.
Yes. It may have been both/either. To me it shows that Claudie's photog. work started in collaboration with Serge Jacques. That is, at least for awhile she did not do so completely independently of him. Only logical, really, as one has to start/learn somewhere. There's (probably) also the business side of things: contacts with models & with outlets for the work: publishers.

----

It reminds me of the Australian model & later photog. Bambi. Her POM set was taken by Nick Brokensha. Later she worked with him on make-up & styling, etc. She served an "apprenticeship" (of sorts) with him before becoming a photog. in her own right. She credited him with teaching her a great deal about the business, particularly about the importance of getting the model to relax in order to express her beauty/personality. Brokensha copped criticism for the way Bambi appeared in her POM pictorial--I think "goofy" was alleged, rather harshly--but the look they captured was honest/true to herself. Anyway, that's tangential but I think there's some parallel in terms of their professional development/mentoring.
effCup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to effCup For This Useful Post: