View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2017, 08:58 AM   #28
scoundrel
Super Moderator

Thanked 278,411 Times in 26,182 Posts
scoundrel 1000000+scoundrel 1000000+scoundrel 1000000+scoundrel 1000000+scoundrel 1000000+scoundrel 1000000+scoundrel 1000000+scoundrel 1000000+scoundrel 1000000+scoundrel 1000000+scoundrel 1000000+

I rode my motorcycle west along the A4 Westway recenty from the A5 Edgeware Road to the Shepherds Bush / White City exit. There is a long stretch lasting at least two minutes where the ruins of the Grenfell Tower are 12 o clock in front of you as you go along.

I crossed myself.

It makes me angry even now whenever I think of it. But of course the Kensington and Chelsea Housing Management Organisation are on the ball.
http://www.kctmo.org.uk/news/343/fir...t-28-july-2017
Quote:
KCTMO has been notified that it is now subject to the investigations regarding the possibility of corporate manslaughter. As a resident-led organisation we want to find out what happened at Grenfell Tower and make sure we have the answers that we and our residents want as soon as possible. To that end we will co-operate fully with all investigation processes as we have done up to now. We are determined to continue to be as much help as we can be.

July 28, 2017
http://www.kctmo.org.uk/news/347/joi...rly-transition
Quote:
Joint statement - KCTMO and Council working together to secure orderly transition
Kensington & Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation's (KCTMO) board and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea have agreed to work collaboratively to secure an orderly transition to new management arrangements for the Council's housing stock. The over-riding priorities of both organisations are to put in place new arrangements which deliver the aspirations of residents and to provide the highest possible quality of service through the transition period.

The decision to terminate the agreement between the Council and KCTMO is for the resident members of KCTMO to consider at its Annual General Meeting on 17 October. The Chair of the KCTMO board has written to KCTMO resident members urging them to take the decision to terminate the agreement. The current arrangements will then remain in place for a number of months whilst the Council consults residents on the future options for the management of the stock and implements the preferred option.

Once the agreement between the Council and KCTMO ultimately comes to an end, there will no longer be resident members of KCTMO. As they are the only members of KCTMO at the moment, it is proposed that at this point the Council becomes the sole member of KCTMO to ensure that the company continues to exist so it can answer questions of the Public Inquiry and any police investigation in respect of the Grenfell fire tragedy. KCTMO's Annual General Meeting will also consider this proposal.

Following the Annual General Meeting the Council wishes to run an extensive engagement and consultation process to consider the future arrangements for the delivery of housing management services. The process will cover the criteria which the Council intends to use to select a preferred option, and then the options appraisal itself. The Council will work closely with KCTMO in running the engagement and consultation process. We currently expect the preferred option for the future management of stock to be determined early in the new calendar year.

October 10, 2017]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to scoundrel For This Useful Post: