View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2016, 09:38 PM   #25
Historian
Veteran Member

Thanked 93,974 Times in 4,024 Posts
Historian 350000+Historian 350000+Historian 350000+Historian 350000+Historian 350000+Historian 350000+Historian 350000+Historian 350000+Historian 350000+Historian 350000+Historian 350000+

Although I certainly bought MO and Club fairly regularly, I was always very much a Mayfair guy in my teens and 20s- A few favourite cover pics:

24/4, April 89. OK, if I'm really honest, as a piece of cover design it's not a classic, it almost looks like something Mayfair's designer threw together in a hurry after they'd had a very long boozy lunch in the pub and suddenly realised 'Oh bugger, we've not done the cover'
It's not the artistic quality though, that matters here, it's the girl herself.

Mayfair called her Annabel Stewart, she appeared in a couple of sets for them around that time, as well as a variety of overseas mags under a variety of names, adding up to no more than a couple of pages of VEF thread. A bit of a footnote in glamour history she might be, but back in 1989, probably dropping into the newsagent on my way home from work, I saw that cover pic, and I knew I'd be wanking myself silly over her within the hour- and a quarter of a century later, I still do.

Artistically, a much more satisfying cover, although the contents were maybe more a source of frustration- Karen Brennan, one of my favourite Page 3 girls on the cover of 23/7 July '88- How could you resist her? I certainly couldn't. IIRC this was the first of Karen's several Mayfair appearances, but the frustration came when in every damn one of them, her knickers either stayed firmly on, or if she did take them off, it was a side-on view, or a bum shot. OK, I enjoyed them all, regularly, but we never did get that Karen Brennan full-frontal nude I'd been almost praying for.

Finally from that late-80's era of my Mayfair-buying career, 24/8, August 1989. The headline may have screamed 'Pamella Bordes nude' (for those who've forgotten about her, she was the former Miss India who made headlines when it was discovered that she'd recently shared her sexual favours with a couple of national newspaper editors, a Tory minister- and allegedly some senior chap in Libyan military intelligence...), but the covergirl who grabbed me by the balls was Marlyn Lindsay. Like Annabel's cover, that 'skirt pulled up over her arse to show her stockingtops' look has always been totally irresistible for me, and Marlyn's couple of Mayfair appearances around that time inspired a lot of masturbatory activity- and her return to modelling in her 40s a few years back has given my wrist plenty of exercise as well.
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Historian For This Useful Post: