View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #176
spitalhouse
Vintage Member

Thanked 12,557 Times in 747 Posts
spitalhouse 50000+spitalhouse 50000+spitalhouse 50000+spitalhouse 50000+spitalhouse 50000+spitalhouse 50000+spitalhouse 50000+spitalhouse 50000+spitalhouse 50000+spitalhouse 50000+spitalhouse 50000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal Hombre View Post
On another track,My wife has started watching "House" ,I don't usually watch it but I'm struck by Hugh Laurie's accent,I think it's terrible and I don't know how He gets away with it.I'd be interested to know what American members think of it,I view it as our revenge for Dick Van Dyke and Keanu Reeves in "Frank Coppola's Dracula".

The actress Lisa Edelstein, who I believe plays Dr Cuddy in House, was last week interviewed on some UK daytime show and was asked this very question. She maintained that she and the rest of the cast of the show regard his American accent to be utterly convincing. She went on to tell of how when American TV executives met Laurie in person after having seen his audition tapes in which he spoke with an American accent, they were surprised to learn that he was in fact English.

Regards.

P.S. I wasn't aware that Dick Van Dyke appeared in Francis Ford Coppola's version of Dracula.

Last edited by spitalhouse; April 19th, 2010 at 10:36 AM..
spitalhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to spitalhouse For This Useful Post: