View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #15
Darth Incubus

Darth Incubus 1000+Darth Incubus 1000+Darth Incubus 1000+Darth Incubus 1000+Darth Incubus 1000+Darth Incubus 1000+Darth Incubus 1000+Darth Incubus 1000+Darth Incubus 1000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYHJA View Post
Extension: ImageHost Grabber
I thought I'd update this a bit as there are a few key wrinkles for users who want to stay current as image hosts change their sites.

Version: 1.5.9

Author/Extension Homepage: imagehost-grabber.com

Direct Extension Download Link:imagegrabber-1.5.9.xpi

I'm sure AYHJA already knows this, but I figured I'd add these two key points for ImageHost Grabber users.

Less Current Version Now Available via Mozilla
The extension is now available on the Mozilla page but is still considered experimental.

Mozilla Download: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12249

You'll note that the current version on Mozilla.org is only 1.55, while the version at imagehost-grabber.com is 1.59. It pays to go to the source.

Updated hostf.xml Available at Author's Site
THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART!

The author seems to be updating the xml file for the various hosts more often than the extension itself. The current hostf.xml was updated in October, while the 1.59 version was updated in July.

I suspect that removing and then reinstalling the extension will get you the updated hostf.xml, but for those who would rather just download the new xml file, you can find the link at imagehost-grabber.com/.

The direct link is hostf.xml.

Just right click on the link, select save file as, and then save to the appropriate folder in your Firefox Extensions folder (you'll probably need to use the Windows search function for this) which will be located in:
C:\Documents and Settings\***\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\***.default\extensio ns\{***}

You'll have far fewer difficulties if your extension version and your hostf.xml are updated. Don't count on Mozilla.org if you want to remain current.
Darth Incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Darth Incubus For This Useful Post: