View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #177
hudley

Thanked 1,558 Times in 252 Posts
hudley 5000+hudley 5000+hudley 5000+hudley 5000+hudley 5000+hudley 5000+hudley 5000+hudley 5000+hudley 5000+hudley 5000+hudley 5000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estreeter View Post
G'day American members

Need some advise
I have this store, USA FOODS, about an hour from my place. I want too visit it and need advise on what brands too pick and brands too stay away from. Too give ya'll an idea, I love hot and spicy foods, most meat meals. I'm mainly after condiments and junk food snacks, ie chocolates, chips etc...
I ain't a weight watcher or calorie counter either far from it.

Feel free too PM me or post here, either way, I'm hungry
for hot sauces, McIlHenney brand is well known and popular. its more a pour on your food sauce than a dipping sauce. Pace and Ortega are very common brands that I don't like much. Carroll Shelby's chili starter is popular, but I havent used it.

I don't see any premium brands for sodas, but if you havent had a Dr. Pepper, try that (get the original)

for sauces, I love dona maria's mole (moe-lay) sauce. its kinda chocolaty and spicy. you mix it with water and heat, and it absorbs water to get to be a nice thick sauce. great in enchiladas. avoid "old el paso" and "taco bell" products, nothing special there. generic fare.

i have practically lived on jif crunchy peanut butter combined with fritos corn chips.

Knotts jellies are the best of the lot.
hudley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hudley For This Useful Post: