View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2011, 11:16 AM   #9
dasduffer
Vintage Member

Thanked 12,941 Times in 605 Posts
dasduffer 50000+dasduffer 50000+dasduffer 50000+dasduffer 50000+dasduffer 50000+dasduffer 50000+dasduffer 50000+dasduffer 50000+dasduffer 50000+dasduffer 50000+dasduffer 50000+

Having moved into rented accomodation for a bit I have lost my multi-satellite set up and my sky tv subscription and so have been 'slumming it' with freeview lol. I must say I am pleasantly surprised with some of the stuff I have seen recently. BBC4 is top notch in my opinion, showing both current and vintage programmes. The Secret Brain presented by Michael Mossley has been very interesting, all about past experiments by psychologists that just would not be allowed in today's society. Also I saw a prog on BBC1 over Xmas called the Young Ones where a few celebs from days gone by (Lionel Blair, Dickie Bird, Derek Jameson etc) try and recreate times in their past in order to improve their physical abilities. The part where Lionel Blair goes back to the London Palladium to choreograph some dancers and breaks down afterwards in happiness I found very moving. Maybe I'm not such a cynical old duffer as I thought I was
Saying how bad your luck is
dasduffer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to dasduffer For This Useful Post: