View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #6
qwerty007
I got myself banned

Thanked 121,987 Times in 4,988 Posts
qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefriff View Post
I'm with Grossnex on this one. I don't care at all that he left Cleveland. He didn't owe them anything. I agree that he made himself look like a narcissistic self absorbed jerk but that is the nature of the business. The bigger jerk in this whole situation, IMO, has to be Dan Gilbert the owner of the Cavs. That guys rant after the thing went down was way off base. I understand his frustration but he should be above that kind of pettiness. He bad mouths LeBron but he is at least partly responsible for the "monster" that he helped create. He also trashes the guy about his clutch ability and attitude.....now wait a minute...wasn't he desperately trying to sign this guy a day before this happened? He can't rip the guy and have anyone take him serious after he enabled this guy to do what he wanted for the last five years and helped build up this image of him. IMO, he looks like a bigger tool than LeBron by far.
IMO - nothing in life ever happens in a vacuum.

If LeBron just would have

a) Met quietly with Bosh/Wade, without announcing a 'Summit'

b) Signed with Miami in private

c) Called Cleveland and told Gilbert what he was doing

d) Called a press conf and quietly explained his decision

NONE of this happens.

It is a function of his desire to be in the news, that this backlash has happened. It is being reported that Cavs fans are calling the office, offering to help pay the $100K fine levied by Stern.

NO DOUBT...Lebron had every right to move on. He shouldn't have rubbed it in the noses of Cleveland fans...which is what he did.

I am sorry - but players keep throwing out the "This is a business" bullshit...sure for the owners, who are taking the risks. Not for the fans and certainly not for millionaire players - who are PLAYING A GAME...

...not curing cancer or performing brain surgery.

They need to get over themselves.

(But at the end of the day, the NBA only has itself to blame. You let 19 year old kids come into the league, with no education/life skills, give them millions and you reap what you sow)
qwerty007 is offline   Reply With Quote