View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2016, 03:51 PM   #64
deezer
Sunny Mod

Thanked 53,321 Times in 5,482 Posts
deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+

I went through this "What Is A Suitable Model ID?" and the Model Name Source Reliability?-thread, which are in my opinion inextricably linked with each other.

My focus is on films, so most of my thoughts are about the models, which appear in films.

1. For what purpose do we need a model-ID?

This is in my opinion the key question for the whole discussion.

Do we need an ID to get a chance to meet them or to find out something about their personal life? No!

From the POV of a single member, one only needs a name as a reference to find more of the models work here or outside of VEF.
From the POV of VEF we need a name to organize the forum, collect her work in a single thread and make the model searchable within VEF.

Keeping this in mind, every model-ID is suitable for me, even if it's invented or only a number, if the ID fulfill the conditions of searchability and organisation and opens the posibility to collect more of her stuff.

2. Model-ID in an ideal world

In an ideal world each model
a) is credited in all her appearances,
b) uses always the same name (no aliases),
c) uses a full (unique) name and
d) is listed in databases like iafd or egafd.

3. Model-ID in reality

We don't have an ideal world. Especially for lesser known models we fail on all these points 2.a) to 2.d).

Point 2.d) trumps always, even it is a xnk at egafd or a unknown at iafd. Because most times this led to other appearances. Also it fulfill the criteria of searchability. Even if there is a model listed only with a first name at egafd, because they are numbered like eg. Julia [2]. And you can search for her films, which are listed at iafd or egafd.

Where from originates the names at egfd or iafd? They take the credits, which are given at the cover or/and on-screen.
We can do the same, if a model isn't listed at egafd or iafd, but we get a credit from a film. If there is later a listing at egafd/iafd with another name, we can change the listing in the forum.

If there is no credit on cover or on screen, but we have names given at retailer-sites or at the websites of the studio, I would use them also. E.g. this requested girl could be listed as Samantha@Handjobhelpers.

If the model has/had her own site, a modelpage, a twitter account or is/was on a amateur-site like mydirtyhobby, we can use the name given there.

I would even use a name for which is no source available, if it is a name, which is widely spread in the web. E.g. mystery girl as Gom Kogaru or this mystery model. The latter model isn't listed anywhere, there is no source for the name Greta Guugili, but if you search the web with this name, you have thousands of hits with content of her. I'm pretty sure, that even in ten years, no reliable source for an ID of her can be found. So why not take what is spread in the web?

In lots of this cases we will never get a proper ID, which means a credit at a cover, a website, a db-listing, but enough stuff to collect in a thread. This is a problem especially with all the new amateur-stuff.

4. Is there a difference in the question of calling a request as solved and titling a thread?

Not really. If you have a model, which appears with many various names and you don't have a database ID of egafd or iafd, after some time this request could be solved with accepting the various names and moving the request-thread to the model thread, which is way more frequented, so there probably show up some more stuff.
But if the model is sitting for years in the mystery corner, the chance, that new stuff shows up is not so big in my opinion.
For the title in the model thread one can use the various names with maybe an addition, where it originates from, e.g. Greta Guugili@web; or Samantha@Handjobhelpers.

Last edited by deezer; December 2nd, 2016 at 04:03 PM..
deezer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to deezer For This Useful Post: