View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2017, 12:37 AM   #1886
deepsepia

Thanked 83,458 Times in 7,199 Posts
deepsepia 350000+deepsepia 350000+deepsepia 350000+deepsepia 350000+deepsepia 350000+deepsepia 350000+deepsepia 350000+deepsepia 350000+deepsepia 350000+deepsepia 350000+deepsepia 350000+
Default Apollonia Saintclair

talented illustrator, reminds me a bit of Mobius, Manara and Crepax in her graphic style.

from an interview with her:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The artist creating neo-noir surrealist sexscapes

If a female clone of Edward Gorey had been raised in the ‘90s on a strict diet of David Lynch, Junji Ito, and J.G. Ballard and grew up to specialize in satirical fetish erotica, the result would still pale in comparison to the art of Apollonia Saintclair, the artist behind these idiosyncratic old-school erotic drawings in black-and-white ink. But describing them simply as “black and white erotic drawings” fails to capture their neo-noir surrealism, wicked humour, and savagely spot-on details. Her illustrated anti-heroines masturbate with monsters, smartphones, and guns and go foraging for cock-shaped mushrooms. They have impeccable taste in lingerie and katanas and know fuccbois are single-use only.

Saintclair’s chokehold on the zeitgeist has collected her hundreds of thousands of obsessed fans on Tumblr and Instagram. “Would you please draw anything involving #foreskin?” they comment. “I want this as a permanent part of my flesh!” She has collaborated with Erika Lust and appeared in many magazines including ADULT and NAKID. But despite this, she remains anonymous — no one knows her real name or face or anything really except that she lives in Europe. “Ink is my blood,” reads the cryptic bio on her Instagram. “I draw for my own sake and for your pleasure.” We caught up with the artist to discuss erotica as commentary, frustrating misconceptions about female sexuality, and Old World vs. New World attitudes towards sex.

more at:
http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandc...sex-tumblr-art
deepsepia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to deepsepia For This Useful Post: