View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #697
VintageKell
Vintage Member

Thanked 96,982 Times in 2,804 Posts
VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+
Default TV Host: DeeDee Myers

'DeeDee' Myers (b. Margaret Jane Myers) was an aide in presidential campaign of Walter Mondale back in 1984 after leaving college in 1983, and she remained within the Democratic Party machine where she eventually started working for Bill Clinton - her claim-to-fame and footnote in political history, was in his administration where her next job, gave her the distinction of being the first woman to serve as White House Press Secretary, as well as being the second-youngest press secretary ever .... of course this was under Pres. Clinton

When that glory ended she was the co-host of the CNBC cable show "Equal Time", and she wrote a book entitled "Why Women Should Rule the World" ... the usual rubbish about why women are better than men. A 'fact' not born out by her subsequent career path. She has also done political commentaries on cable and television networks, and was an original consultant to the NBC series 'The West Wing'. She is currently a contributing editor to 'Vanity Fair' (where her husband is the national editor ), and is an analyst for CBS News.

Oops! Moment:

However, what's less well known is that in 1995, while still co-host of the CNBC cable show "Equal Time," she was arrested on a DUI charge and was said to have been driving on the wrong side of the road.

She issued a statement at the time: "Last night, I had a couple of drinks during dinner with a friend. I thought I was O.K. to drive, but I now realize I was wrong. I should have been more careful. I am dealing with the incident through appropriate legal channels. I feel terrible about it and will not let it happen again".

The police said that 'Ms. Myers was behind the wheel of her double-parked car on a residential street in the Adams-Morgan neighborhood, and was told to move on by an officer. She drove ahead on the wrong side of the narrow street and double-parked again, prompting the officer to issue the traffic summons, followed by the charge of driving under the influence of alcohol'. For some reason that wasn't explained at the time, she was only charged with a misdemeanor, which is less serious than driving while intoxicated, which is a felony.

Luckily, 'Bill and Hilary' were around to cheer her up ... "He really cheered me up". He said "some funny stuff. He was great. He was wonderful. I really appreciated hearing from them" ... though under questioning she admitted that "There's nothing funny about the arrest, and I don't think the judge in the Washington, D.C., court is going to think there's anything funny about it"..... I believe that the charges were eventually dropped .... maybe because she's a woman, or is it just because of the friends you have?

Pictures:

Last edited by VintageKell; July 12th, 2014 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: broken images
VintageKell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to VintageKell For This Useful Post: