View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2010, 01:55 AM   #83
qwerty007
I got myself banned

Thanked 121,987 Times in 4,988 Posts
qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by grossnex View Post
It must be cool to have a mascot....or cheerleaders .
I'll trade you a Super Bowl for your girls keefriff

OK Qwerty. The Steelers are in trouble in that division. The Ravens are no joke! Anquan Boldin is going to change the entire dynamic of that team. Ben has no running game to work with & he lost his favorite receiver. PIT will still be competitive, but it's going to be really tough with Ben missing time.

Ben is a great player! I love his attitude & winning spirit. He doesn't give up. I have to respect that. But, I know a thing or 2 about having that "bad guy" on my team. Big Ben keeps getting himself into these situations & embarrassing a very proud organization. The NFL has a strict conduct policy & I'm all for that. It sucks a wet fart out of a dirty bed sheet when it happens to a guy on your team, but if the rules don't apply to everybody then that's how we get the primadonnas in the 1st place.

Well, that's my take. I understand if you guys feel different. I'm eager to read your responses.
OK - here's my take on this;

Firstly, I think that the Vegas situation is a cash grab by a jilted 'wannabe' girlfriend. Text messages/conversations with her co-workers will eventually bear that out.

Secondly, in Georgia - I will grant you this; Ben acted like an asshole. I will even go one step further and say that he has acted in the past like an entitled prick (from what I have been reading)...arrogant, conceited and generally not a nice guy.

If Ben RAPED ANYBODY - I say throw the book at the motherfucker and lock him up. It will cost the franchise dearly, but what's right is right.

But in my mind, what this has amounted to, is a suspension due to being a party animal, mysogynistic dick head, when we want him to act like a quality 2 time SB Champ...right?

Please have a look at this article I came across:

http://www.cbssports.com/print/colum...-bar;btn-print

I agree - he doesn't (or did not) represent the franchise well (or the sport for that matter). Is it worth a 6 game (4 with good behaviour) suspension? Not too sure...Stallworth lost 16 games for killing someone.

Is the scale accurate?
qwerty007 is offline   Reply With Quote