View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2016, 03:28 PM   #12
cginok
Vintage Member

Thanked 5,414 Times in 594 Posts
cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamelsx View Post
Have no firearm. Have noto shot anything more than a Nintendo light gun. As far as laws go I say "It depends", I would outlaw handguns altogether in private hands. Long rifles I would permit for hunting and self defensive purposes. I would enact these laws knowing full well that it would not solve America's gun violence problem overnight and with the laws a underground market would spring up, but over time I believe that with the laws & mandatory registration program that will go a long way to curbing the gun violence issue.

I would suggest you watch a documentary entitled "Cartel Land." It's about a group of Mexican civilians that took up arms to defend themselves against drug cartels. They were armed with all kinds of "assault rifles" including full automatic AKs. The private ownership of firearms in Mexico is as regulated and restricted as it is anywhere on the planet...to the point that you can't even posses ammunition without a government permit. If they could find hundreds of "assault rifles" to equip themselves with, what makes you think your "laws & mandatory registration program" are going to work any better in the US? It definitely hasn't worked in Mexico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartel_Land
cginok is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to cginok For This Useful Post: