View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #30
Manny Fagnett
Vintage Member

Thanked 15,273 Times in 1,061 Posts
Manny Fagnett 50000+Manny Fagnett 50000+Manny Fagnett 50000+Manny Fagnett 50000+Manny Fagnett 50000+Manny Fagnett 50000+Manny Fagnett 50000+Manny Fagnett 50000+Manny Fagnett 50000+Manny Fagnett 50000+Manny Fagnett 50000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel22 View Post
By popular demand (well, Atreus asked) here's why I chose my nickname.

It's based on my e-mail address and I took it from the very old, and very long, Marillion song of the same name. Just liked the sound of it really. Now people think I've taken it from the 'Beowulf' movie, which was based on the same story as the song.

The '22' bit's on there because someone else had already taken 'grendel' as an e-mail address, so I had to add something to make it unique, and '22' seemed as good as anything at the time. Actually, I couldn't even just use '22' for the address, as someone else had already nabbed that, so I had to add some punctuation. I could've tried a different number, but I was feeling a bit bloody-minded at the time so I persevered with '22'.

Anyway, I decided to use it as a forum nickname as I wouldn't have trouble remembering what it was. Told you it was boring, Atreus!
My girlfriend made me shout out for 'Grendel' at a marillion concert knowing full well that they wouldn't play it, still it can be heard on a bootleg!
Manny Fagnett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Manny Fagnett For This Useful Post: