View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #853
VintageKell
Vintage Member

Thanked 96,982 Times in 2,804 Posts
VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+
Default TV Chef : Catherine Cora

Catherine "Cat" Cora was born in Jackson, Mississippi and is of Greek American descent, and she was raised in a Greek community. With both her grandfather and father restaurateurs, it was perhaps inevitable that she would also end up in the trade ... but not inevitable as she obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Physiology and Biology at the University of Southern Mississippi. However when she enrolled at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York her path was set.

With her looks she was a natural for TV and has appeared on the TV help show 'Simplify Your Life' and was also a co-host of the Food Network show 'Kitchen Accomplished'. In 2006 she was hired as a paid spokesperson for a garbage disposal system, and is also Executive Chef for 'Bon Appétit' magazine, as well as appearing in the cooking section of the September 2006 issue of FHM magazine. She is founder of the 'Cat Cora' chain of bar and lounge style restaurants in US airports and Disney parks. Currently she is the co-host of the show 'Around the World in 80 Plates' an American reality competition TV show on the Bravo cable TV network.

Oops:

She is openly lesbian and has four sons with her partner (who bore three of them, while she had the other). But while this is interesting, the main reason she is here is that in June 2012 she was arrested for DUI. She rear-ended a vehicle after leaving a tavern in Santa Barbara, Calif. She was breathalysed and was allegedly found to have a blood alcohol level of .08 or higher. When it came to court she pled no contest to the offence in return for her remaining DUI count charges (the bump into another car) dropped.

She was, however, sentenced to three years probation and three months of DUI school, and paid $2,386 in fines. Additionally, she received a 120-day suspended jail sentence, which she won't serve if she fulfills her other requirements.

She said in a statement shortly after her arrest that "I deeply regret my decision to drive that evening after my designated driver became unavailable. I learned a very important lesson from this experience and take full accountability for my actions. This will never happen again".

Trivia:
  • She does a lot for charity and co-founded 'Chefs For Humanity', participated in charity wine auctions held by Auction Napa Valley and is a UNICEF spokesperson.
  • In March 2006, Cora was the Grand Marshal for Hal and Mal's St. Paddy's Parade in her hometown of Jackson, Mississippi.
  • She belongs to Macy's Culinary Councils.
  • In 2008, Cora had a voice role for the video game Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine.
  • She goes to church
Pictures:

She has no thread, so a few illustrative pictures below. She is a chef, so no flesh and these are the best around. As usual if you want to post any follow up pics (unless nude ), then please consider starting a new thread in the modern celebrity threads ....

VintageKell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to VintageKell For This Useful Post: