View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2017, 01:37 PM   #2
cginok
Vintage Member

Thanked 5,414 Times in 594 Posts
cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+cginok 25000+

Using someone from Yugoslavia as your benchmark for communism is, quite frankly, wrong. Yugoslavia, though a communist country, was not under the boot heel of the USSR. The people in Yugoslavia had more freedoms, more openness, more access to Western people and goods, than the people in most other communist countries. Your Polish friend being proof of that.

I've always thought that the problem with communism is that it caters to one of the most basic urges of humanity, laziness. No matter how little I work, or how little effort I put out, I'll still be taken care of. No, I might not live a life of luxury, but at least I'll have some form of housing with adequate food and health care to survive.

I've always thought that the problem with capitalism is that it caters to one of the most basic urges of humanity, greed. So what if I have 10 mansions, 3 private jets, and a fleet of Italian sports cars, I need another freakin' Ferrari damnit and I don't care if I have to destroy thousands of people's lives to get it!!!
cginok is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to cginok For This Useful Post: