View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2017, 08:59 AM   #10
ConstantOgler
Vintage Member

Location: Outskirts of Goosebump City, near the BusbyBerkeleyBakery
Thanked 8,847 Times in 754 Posts
ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+

This one of many = help threads here that prompt me to ask: This is all about file name matching, no? And worst case, it requires exact name match. (I don't know how fuzzy/flexible these programs are.) How practical is it to think filename will be the same? Filenames are changed constantly by hosts & others. And if it's your own new scan you want to check, name match is meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Air View Post
i use SimImages. It is excellent, and keeps a cache of all compared files in a database, so no comparing images again that have been marked as "not wanting to delete although similar."
Is it doing bitmap file analysis/comparison ("Computer Vision") or is it all about text, i.e., filenames?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please do PM me on any dead links, loading fails, or other issues with host. It will be fixed!
ConstantOgler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ConstantOgler For This Useful Post: