View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #594
Estreeter
Administrator

Thanked 896,726 Times in 60,308 Posts
Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+
Question Huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by palo5 View Post
My (sydneysider un-communist) brother says you're nuts if you buy an Australian-made car. He says no one buys them because everyone knows they're all sh*t. I'm not joking, he really said that

What do other Australians say?

It's more than fair too say we're not the best and never will be, there was also a time when we were crap Not anymore though.

This is a car I just garaged and will keep under cover, have a feeling it will be worth quite a bit in the future, mine only has different wheels,

Review
http://www.mister-cars.com/Article/2...est-Drive/1245

Quote:
The hero of the sports luxury Ford Falcon line-up, the G6E Turbo, is differentiated from the G6E by a range of performance-oriented features, including the I6 Turbo engine that produces 270 kW of power and 533 Nm of torque, mated with a ZF six-speed automatic transmission.

Aussie designed and built, the G6E Turbo has drawn high praise, with industry judges here putting it on equal terms with some of the best to come out of Europe and Japan.

For reasons best known to themselves, the folk at Ford Australia abandoned the names Fairlane and LTD for their limo line models some time ago – a pity because the name Falcon G6E does not have the same cache.

Exotic name or not, the FG Falcon G6E Turbo definitely deserves a spot on the limousine ladder. Leg room in the back is enough to accommodate the most voluminous wedding dress and the wide opening rear doors allow for a dignified entrance and exit.

Ford says designers deliberately set out to produce a performance/luxury European feel with the lower radiator grille opening making a bold and assertive statement while swept-back headlights and purposeful upper and lower grilles combining to differentiate the G Series from other Falcons.

Inside, fabric-wrapped lower door trims and iPod Integration with the vehicle's audio system set the car apart from lesser siblings.

ENGINE:
Type: 4.0-litre turbocharged
Cylinders: Six cylinders in line
No of valves: 24
Compression ratio: 8.8:1
Engine management: Powertrain control module incorporating electronic throttle control
Fuel system: Sequential multi-point electronic injection
Fuel: Unleaded or Premium unleaded; E10 compatible
Maximum power: 270 kW @ 5250 rpm
Maximum torque: 533 Nm @ 2000-4750rpm
Transmission: ZF six-speed automatic with sequential sports shift, rear-wheel drive
That's more than good enough for me, only warranty issue I had was one rear window refused to come down, a 10 minutes fix. Has served us very well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Estreeter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Estreeter For This Useful Post: