View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #819
VintageKell
Vintage Member

Thanked 96,996 Times in 2,804 Posts
VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+VintageKell 350000+
Default Actress & Singer: Taryn Manning

Taryn Manning schooled at San Diego Ca Orange County High School of the Arts. She began acting in the late 1990s, appearing in small roles in several film and television productions ....

Movies:

In 1999, she was featured in an independent film called 'Speedway Junky' but her real breakthrough was was as 'Nola' in the 2005 film 'Hustle & Flow'. In 2007, she played 'Ivy Chitty' on the short-lived, but critically acclaimed Fox television series 'Drive'. She also played 'Rita Cherry' on four episodes of the TV 'Sons of Anarchy'. Currently she is in the supernatural Web Series 'The Unknown'.

Music is my 1st love, and it will be my last:

In 2003, Manning and her brother Kellin formed the band 'Boomkat', which signed to DreamWorks Records, which was their label from 2002 to 2004. The band closed out 2003 as the #5 Hot Dance Club Play Artist for the year in Billboard Magazine.

She also soloed when she sang a rendition of "I'll Take You There" with Tweet in several Gap commercials. She sang her first solo single, "So Talented" in an episode of 'Melrose Place', and her single 'Send Me Your Love' was released digitally worldwide, and she released. a dance single, "Send Me Your Love," both in 2012. She also works as a 'DJ' and was cover featured in the yearly "Sex & Music" issue of Pl*yboy for April 2011.

As you can probably tell, I have no idea who this girl is on any level of awareness

Oops:

She was arrested for assaulting her makeup artist in New York, reportedly kicking and punching Holly Hartman, her 23-year-old makeup artist, in her room at New York's 'Dream Downton' hotel. Manning was charged with assault; in the meantime, she has hired a criminal defense attorney.

But in a strange event, reports say that Holly Hartman now wants to drop all charges .... Ms Manning's criminal defense attorney reported that Manning and Hartman are actually very close friends, who are also 'roommates' (ahem ... that old chestnut ), and that it was all just a drunken fight. Apparently a 'night of partying' reportedly led to an altercation, which got out of hand.

Trivia:
  • She has been the State Champion in Karate in Arizona.
  • E! Online picked her for its "Sizzlin' 16" list of 2002.
  • She was on the covers of the July 2003 issue of 'FHM', the May 2007 issue of 'Stuff'.
  • In the movie 'Banshee' she performed her own stunts. "I got hurt one day during one of the chase scenes, where another car crashed into my car".
  • Manning's dream role would be in a musical like Moulin Rouge!, because she "grew up dancing".
Pictures:

She has a thread here, so just a few illustrative pictures, and as usual any follow ups, including biographical details which are not relevant to this thread or post, to her fan thread please.

Last edited by VintageKell; October 20th, 2012 at 10:30 PM..
VintageKell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to VintageKell For This Useful Post: