View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2011, 02:08 AM   #29
USBPepsi
Vintage Member

Thanked 27,437 Times in 2,401 Posts
USBPepsi 100000+USBPepsi 100000+USBPepsi 100000+USBPepsi 100000+USBPepsi 100000+USBPepsi 100000+USBPepsi 100000+USBPepsi 100000+USBPepsi 100000+USBPepsi 100000+USBPepsi 100000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTravel View Post
Well, its easy enough to verify what version of Firefox you have on each computer. Just click on Help then About Mozilla Firefox, the version will be listed in the resulting box.

I wouldn't be surprised if IHG isn't (yet) compatible with FF4. While there are a few people regularly contributing with new host definitions and updating old definitions the actual programming is one guy I believe.

As for alternatives, DownThemAll is popular but personally I've never been able to make it work with several popular hosts.
As it turned out, both the PC and laptop were running the same version of Firefox (3.6.16). After going back and forth with older and newer versions of ImageHost Grabber, I finally found one that worked on the laptop... and then I discovered that it wouldn't recognize Imagebam pics. *sigh* So it's still pretty much useless. As a result, I'm still downloading all my pics on my PC.

The help forum on the ImageHost Grabber site wasn't particularly helpful. Unfortunately, the guy who made the software can't seem to talk down to the level of us morons who are asking questions. His answers to people's questions are WAY too "programmer"-y.

Maybe someday a new update will come along that will solve the issues. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

By the way, I upgraded to Firefox on my laptop (because I figured if I already couldn't use ImageHost Grabber anyway, there was no reason not to). But I hated the new control arrangement so much that I went back to the old Firefox after a day. I don't know; maybe I'm just getting old and set in my ways.

USBPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to USBPepsi For This Useful Post: