View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2016, 08:37 PM   #8
sarac

Thanked 1,440 Times in 113 Posts
sarac 5000+sarac 5000+sarac 5000+sarac 5000+sarac 5000+sarac 5000+sarac 5000+sarac 5000+sarac 5000+sarac 5000+sarac 5000+

There are pros and cons on both sides - bigger is sometimes better, especially when considering trade issues; but then some form of autonomous decision-making within this nation would also be welcome rather than being dictated too by a feux federated EU Parliament.

Expect the big businesses to cry wolf should we choose to leave. They'll bleat and moan and threaten to uproot their companies out of the UK if they don't get their way.

I also hope that if there is a clear No vote, we won't be subject to further referendums every few years until those in Power finally get what they want.

By the same token I also hope that the No vote won't be trumped by a smallish Yes vote, with the "don't know" vote tacked on.

Personally I don't think it will make much difference if we stay in or opt out, at least not for the ordinary person trying to earn a crust.

And what would happen if we do opt out? How long will it take? Does opting out mean opting out of EVERYTHING to do with the EU, or just certain areas? And if the UK do vote to opt out under this government, what happens should Labour win power? Will they have another referendum pushing us to rejoin?
sarac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sarac For This Useful Post: