Thread: Windows 10?
View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2015, 07:14 PM   #12
BinLadenSucks

Thanked 2,018 Times in 279 Posts
BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+BinLadenSucks 10000+

Wow...Thanks guys...I'm really glad I asked.

a435...You confirmed a lot of my fears. I was just checking onto this "Subscription issue" as I logged on here. Thought it was a small rumor until I searched...Truly have too say I was a bit shocked how much of an issue it is. Yes...Totally made me cautious.
XP I knew. Spent so much time removing "updates" that were useless and a burden to the system. I know W7 has them, but haven't found the need for the battle of digging and removing (Some with impossible results).
Awhile back I got hit with the Real Player Cloud. All I wanted was to just update my Real Player, but just had no way of disabling the online cloud part. Spent half the day just trying to remove all of those app files. (Still have a few lingering around, but stopped it from getting online to my comp). Think we all know the value of data mining regardless of terms and conditions. Advertising...Yes, I think we could see that possibility as well.
I was wise to pass up on Vista back then. Missed out on a free W7 due to my caution on it's release. But got it when I only paid $300 for this comp. I like W7 but with XP I had better control of it.
Yes...No free lunches.
Thanks for the icon removal link...I'm keeping it close by.
For now I'm thinking the wisest thing to do is to let this thing play out before partaking regardless of "free".
Thanks again guys.
BinLadenSucks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to BinLadenSucks For This Useful Post: