View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2018, 01:07 AM   #16
Quackerson

Thanked 4,320 Times in 577 Posts
Quackerson 10000+Quackerson 10000+Quackerson 10000+Quackerson 10000+Quackerson 10000+Quackerson 10000+Quackerson 10000+Quackerson 10000+Quackerson 10000+Quackerson 10000+Quackerson 10000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris chunt View Post
Star Wars .
The first film wasn't so bad ,basically a western in space , but recent ones are a bore fest and for nerds only .
I was 7 when the first Star Wars came out in 1977. I saw it in the theater and thought it was neat.

I was never nearly as ga-ga over it as a lot of my chums back then were, though. I liked The Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi a little less so. I think part of it was with Empire Strikes it was...what, 1980? So, I was 10 years old and could still get into it. By the time Return came out, I was 13 and looking for different things from movies.

I was growing up, but Star Wars wasn't.

I saw...was it The Phantom Menace? In 1997, or 1998? The one with Jar Jar Binks? Jar Jar Binks was perhaps the most egregious example in the film of why it didn't work, but I didn't care about the rest of the flick, either. I saw the other 2 prequels on video, and it was a case of diminishing returns for me.

Didn't bother to see The Force Awakens in the theater. Only saw it fairly recently at home. I thought it was certainly a step up from the late 1990s/early 2000s prequels, and it was a fun viewing. Found I didn't really care much about any of the new characters save for the girl Rey (whom I actually thought was well-portrayed) and the plot was basically a rehash of A New Hope. Rouge One was a bit bland and pointless. Haven't seen the most recent one, which I probably will at some point down the line if only for the Rey storyline.

However, if another Star Wars movie is never made again I won't feel any sense of loss over it.
Quackerson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Quackerson For This Useful Post: