View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2015, 11:58 PM   #20
SanteeFats
Super Moderator

Thanked 815,652 Times in 60,990 Posts
SanteeFats 2500000+SanteeFats 2500000+SanteeFats 2500000+SanteeFats 2500000+SanteeFats 2500000+SanteeFats 2500000+SanteeFats 2500000+SanteeFats 2500000+SanteeFats 2500000+SanteeFats 2500000+SanteeFats 2500000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggeration View Post
If God is Good; and God is righteous, why can't he change the World and make it a better place for all races, cultures and faiths to live together in harmony? More importantly, why can't he change the hearts of man? I'm an atheist, by the way. I am also a pacifist who abhors violence. Being an atheist does not make me a bad person. Evil is evil, whichever Faith these fanatics choose to dress it up as. War/terrorism is linked to religion these days - and always has been. God - or whatever name you choose to call your particular deity, has a lot to answer for.
Bugger I don't want to get in a deep religious discussion on this thread. However God has also given man freewill which is where I think a lot of bad decisions come from. Plus just because God may have a doctrine does not mean man will not corrupt it. Imagine if God did all you asked above, wouldn't we then live in a very regimented society? A lot like the Sharia laws and the ISIS state wants to impose? Plus Satan has a place in a lot of the bad stuff in the world,IMO. You are correct evil is evil no matter what but ask the Muslim fanatics if they are evil. I bet their answer is no we all are. While misguided religious fanatics are to blame for a lot of the violence in the world there are still many horrible actions that can be laid at the feet of nonreligious groups. Africa-look at all the ethnic genocides, Russia-look at the same kind of ethnic violence in Chechnya and other regions around the world. Somalia the pirates are just crooks.
Finally God has nothing to answer for when humans take His teachings and corrupt them for their own ends.
SanteeFats is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SanteeFats For This Useful Post: