View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2018, 10:43 AM   #821
rupertramjet
R.I.P.

Thanked 54,117 Times in 4,288 Posts
rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+rupertramjet 250000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody1 View Post
Well, let's see if I understand you correctly.

US citizens are turning to GoFundMe for their medical bills because the American health care system is in principle a prime example of Marxist mismanagement. And if it were only operated according to purely capitalist standards, then they would enjoy free market prices, an effective allocation of resources and results-oriented work, not evaluated according to input.

I learn something new every day.
I believe there was a recent US president, who tried to introduce a nationwide system of free health care for all, whereby no American need worry about being made homeless by the need for medical treatment, a system where the elderly would not need to fret and worry about finding the money to pay for medications deemed necessary by their doctor. I recall this man being ridiculed and attacked for doing what in my country we did seventy years ago!

This scheme would have provided medical care for the homeless, many of whom have served their country, put the expensive medical insurance companies and even more expensive care providers into a position that they had to provide care at a competitive price, and cost the US tax payer, via taxation, a damn site less than they currently pay for medical insurance. Strangely the people of the US did not want it! Strangely too, the people of Britain would kill anyone who tried to stop our own NHS!

The NHS has problems, huge problems, many caused by the illogical adoption of PFI, were private investors paid for infrastructure and new hospital projects, massively under the Blair/Brown dictatorship, and at the same time got the right to manage those projects for up to fifty years! The same by the way in education, police and local authorities, all of whom are now in deep shit! But talk about doing away with the NHS and you would face political suicide!
rupertramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rupertramjet For This Useful Post: