View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #9
Mad_Hatter
Vintage Member

Thanked 38,527 Times in 1,623 Posts
Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+Mad_Hatter 175000+

Quote:
You're right about one thing: much of my argument is conjecture, but then again so is yours and without much solid reasoning or facts to back it up.
Actually, you're wrong.

The Fake Dick approached this picture out to prove it was a fake. He had no interest in finding out whether it was genuine. He didn't even know about the Colleen Camp interview saying Lynda Carter had done it until I told him.

Unfortunately for The Fake Dick, he couldn't rely on his usual "here's the original photo of the nude body, and here's the head it was taken from". The only way to make this photo a fake was to conjure up some story about some artist painting it. Come on. That's an awful lot of effort to make a fake photo.

There's no saying that Playboy has the photo in its archives. Since Lynda wasn't used, Playboy may've lost it. If they even had it in the first place. Remember, the studio arranged to have the photo taken, not Playboy. The only copy I ever saw of the Colleen Camp Centerfold was in that issue.

And what are the odds that some artist picked the Colleen Camp photo which, as you said, in the original movie was shown for just a few seconds? Of all the possible models, especially since it was being painted, he could've picked a better one.

The odds are are against it.

In order to assume it's a fake, we have to accept:

1. That Colleen Camp was lying when she said in her article that Lynda was the first choice and a centerfold shot was taken of Lynda. Since she was on the set, and would know that she was the second choice, I see no reason to doubt her.
2. That some artist decided, out of all the possible models, to use one of Colleen Camp from Apocalypse Now that appeared in a 20 second segment of the movie.
3. That this artist would use the details from Camp's photo right down to the clothes in the shot.

In order to think it's a fake, we have to make up an unsubstantiated theory that some artist did it. That's a stretch. Everyone just took The Fake Dick's theory at his word without really stopping to think how many coincidences he came up with that would have to occur for it to be a fake.

Here's a scan of my copy that I've had for 28 years.

The photo is Lynda- her unused Centerfold shot for Apocalypse Now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"We sang in the sunshine. Then she went on her way." ♫
Mad_Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Mad_Hatter For This Useful Post: