View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2017, 07:38 PM   #3
Firebringer

Thanked 1,308 Times in 140 Posts
Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+Firebringer 5000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladess View Post
Hi Firebringer,

Did you come across this kind of a problem?
(I was compiling your code under Win with minGW and also with Visual Studio 2015 without success, and I've started to wonder if the EOF is interpreted differently here than in Linux. )
I was able to decrypt all the Veronica material without problem. Using STDIN, the EOFs shouldn't be a problem with windows. I'd suggest you change the "%c" to a "%d" and look for common values when the file ends -- obviously just let it print to the screen rather than redirecting to a file. That should help you determine if it's an input problem, a character problem, or an output problem.

You can also look up any kind of Windows xor program. I know that they are commonly used to evaluate potential malware, so shouldn't be too hard to come by.

Good luck! Glad to see this old code still providing some kind of value to the community!
Firebringer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Firebringer For This Useful Post: