View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #16
keefriff
Torn and Frayed

Thanked 131,688 Times in 5,993 Posts
keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+keefriff 500000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty007 View Post
Apparently not. Didn't he try to blow off practice because he was tired from promoting a CD? He is a producer, no?

This is one of the problems I have with how people view athletes today:

As an example - my hockey team, the Montreal Canadiens.

I want Montreal to sign GREAT players, as CHEAPLY as possible...so they can get more GREAT PLAYERS, so they can WIN. Once a player leaves Montreal, I no longer want them to win .

What is this crap about making sure that players 'Get theirs'. Fuck 'em! I want my team to win...

...people today follow players. Not teams. Why should anyone care how much a player makes (unless that player is supporting them)?

If a player blows out a knee (as previously suggested) he'll do it if he's making $1 million or $10 million. If he's on my team, I want to pay him $1 million. On your team...$10 million!

People aren't faithful to teams...plain and simple. That's sad...
I can't imagine that many players will want to come and play for the Habs if that were ownerships attitude towards salaries and players. 'Eff them? I bet the players will be beating down the door to sign.

So let me get this right. The guys who own the team take all the risks. The players deserve whatever the owner feels he should give them. Who cares about the athlete who has a debilitating injury at work when he's 24 because he makes good money. Screw all players who leave my team no matter what they did while they played for my team. And people only follow players instead of teams...except you who is a die hard Habs fan. Got it
keefriff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to keefriff For This Useful Post: