Thread: Joyce DeWitt
View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2008, 03:03 AM   #2
gregj1967
Vintage Member

Thanked 48,084 Times in 1,169 Posts
gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+

"Spotlight" on Joyce DeWitt

For my money, Joyce DeWitt was by far the hottest thing on Three's Company. Like Dawn "Mary Ann" Wells on Gilligan's Island, she wasn't supposed to be 'the sexy one' but she was anyway. Now don't get me wrong, I love all the blondes as well, but Joyce just had that certain something that can be difficult to pinpoint; the classic "girl-next-door", cute-but-respectable thing was going on for sure but that seem like just the beginning. Between her honest good looks, dark hair, dancer's figure, pert breasts and one of the GREATEST ASSES ever to be seen on television, Joyce had it going on! When she got her hair cut in the "Pat Benatar" style (beginning in the 4th season)...forgetaboutit (knuckles in mouth)...mama-mia!!

I'm sure many of you feel the same way.

Joyce was also the heart & soul of the show (along with John Ritter), as she was the only female cast member to appear during all 8 seasons of 3's Co. Her background was in serious theater (the other girls all had backgrounds in modelling, cheerleading, and very little acting) and 3's Co was the first time she had appeared on TV or film (except for a few advertisements I think). Other than a few TV movies and guest spots on other TV shows of the day (Love Boat for example), Joyce has done virtually no other TV or film work. And with exception of press pieces and photoshoots done around the time of the show there's very little of Joyce out there for the Janet-fiend to collect, especially when compared to some of the other girls like Suzanne Somers. Keeping a relatively low-profile and avoiding the burning heat of the limelight seems to be Joyce's choice.

At one time I had more pix of Joyce but I lost many of them in a computer crash last year. What follows is pretty much all I have of Joyce in terms of press pix & the like at this time although I might do another google image search down the road. The quality of these pix vary considerably: some have been enlarged and enhanced as best as I could; some of the key pix, like the L'Eggs pantyhose ads and the Battle Of The Network Stars shots I cannot seem to find in any better quality than what you see here. If anyone has some , please post them here ASAP!! Also included are some miscelaneous vidcaps (not mine) mostly focusing on Joyce. Of course I have a lot more of my own vidcaps which will be posted in due time. A zip file of this material will be posted at the end of the last post either today or tomorrow.

Duplicates are intentional as most a variations. Apologies for repeats of other posts in other threads, but I do want to try and be comprehensive here.

Enjoy...or should I say--En-Joyce!

These are rare vidcaps of Joyce on The Love Boat. They've been enlarged and enhanced, although the quality is still not quite what I would like, they're the best we've got for now...

More to come...

Last edited by Wendigo; March 8th, 2017 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: removed dead image
gregj1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to gregj1967 For This Useful Post: