View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2018, 12:53 PM   #10972
neo2008
Vintage Member

Thanked 150,744 Times in 4,372 Posts
neo2008 750000+neo2008 750000+neo2008 750000+neo2008 750000+neo2008 750000+neo2008 750000+neo2008 750000+neo2008 750000+neo2008 750000+neo2008 750000+neo2008 750000+

Avengers: Infinity War

ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS !!!!!!

10 years of movies and glances at the Titan Thanos and here we are.
Thanos has arrived to lay waste to the universe and give it "balance' Who can possibly stop him?
The Avengers,Black Panther and the Wakandians,and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

This movie.....im exhausted.....but for the most part in a good way.
The film gives Thanos a great foundation to work from.Thanos (Josh Brolin absolutely incredible in the role) well just like with Kilmonger in Black Panther hey i hear you big guy,i understand your point of view but you are going about it in the wrong way.
He is definitely one of the best villains i have seen in the Marvel films.His scenes with his daughter (Zoe Saldana as Gamora) past and present added to the aforementioned foundation.
Oh and his "children" The Black Order: Ebony Maw (Tom Vaughan-Lawlor truly the standout !!),Proxima Midnight (Carrie Coon),Corvus Glaive (Michael James Shaw),and Cull Obsidian (Terry Notary) are tough,haunting and tauntingly bad ass.

Characters meeting for the first time and interacting were a joy to watch and listen to from Tony Stark/Iron Man Robert Downey Jr. and and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) Spider-Man (Tom Holland), and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) Star Lord (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Drax (Dave Buatista), Rocket Racoon (Bradley Cooper), Teen Groot (Terry Notary), and Mantis (Pom Klementieff) with Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and fan favorites Captain-America (Chris Evans) Vision (Paul Bettany) ,Scarlett Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) (Chadwick Boseman),Letitia Wright as Shuri, Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo),Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow,Danai Gurira as Okoye and Spider-Man (Tom Holland) are given time to shine.

I love battle scenes in which warring kingdoms throw everything they can at each other on the battlefield and it was awesome to see this done on such a grand scale in this movie.
The film even fits in a little romance
I know some writers,Directors,and studios are on the fence about taking chances with their audiences with certain endings or plot twists they think up but im glad Directors: Joe Russo, Anthony Russo and writers
Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely decided to jump off the fence.

My problems with the film,the CGI was off here and there,there is a bit of a tonal inbalance.The film was a bit bloated with far to much dwelling on certain plot threads.

This is a movie with a lot of moving parts.For the most part it runs smoothly with some moving moments and thrilling ones,and probably one of the most talked about and numbing cliffhangers i have ever seen on the big screen
Where do we go from here?

Scale of 1-10 a 9
neo2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to neo2008 For This Useful Post: