Thread: Julia Kruis
View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2017, 02:36 AM   #7
maxbling

maxbling 500+maxbling 500+maxbling 500+maxbling 500+maxbling 500+maxbling 500+

Hey guys, I'm a newbie here, but this is one thread I can definitely help out with. I was a huge Julie Kruis fan in the late 80s when she was a bikini model, in contests and in Ujena magazine and Swimwear Illustrated.

She was born in January of 1969. Her bikini magazines started coming out in 1987, when she was the ripe old age of 18.

Within a year or two, she somehow hooked up with photographer Hank Londoner (aka Hank Von Londoner), who shot her for Penthouse editions which hit the stands in 1989, when she was 20. At the time, I didn't know about her nude work. Looking back now, I want to kill myself. But what can you do. Anyway, I tracked down the German Penthouse, November of 1989. Sara Norton was the centerfold, and Julie was featured in one of the pictorials. I have scanned them for you guys. They are a bit different than the two photo sets which were linked to earlier in this thread, but they were obviously shot at the same location.

These pictures are very tame, compared to the slightly more graphic open-leg shots that were posted in the Australian edition. Were/are there rules from country to country as to how explicit a magazine shoot can be? Obviously, seeing more daring, explicit "gyno shots" of Julie Kruis would be mind-blowing. I just have no idea if Hank took those kind of pics of her, or if she would have even agreed to show pink anyway, since she was still active in the bikini modeling world at the time. Don't get me wrong... I'm thrilled that we even got THIS much. But if he took a shitload more pics of her, and I didn't at least try to find them, I would never forgive myself.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Was she in different editions of Penthouse in various other countries? I'm willing to spend the money (and I will happily share the results here again), but I have no clue where to begin looking. Plus, Penthouse had other sister-magazines out at that time which she may have appeared in. I'm lost here.

Also, for that time period, it seems rare that a non-centerfold would only be in Penthouse. For instance, you'd often see the same girls in Cheri, High Society, Penthouse, Hustler, etc. Is there any chance that Julie shot for a "harder" magazine? This has become my Holy Grail mission. I just need a push in the right direction.

Lastly, take a look at these side-by-side pics. On the left was from her first movie in 1990, where she was briefly topless. On the right was from a movie about a decade later, when she appeared in many B-flicks, now as "Julia" Kruis. I'm more interested in 1987-1992 Julie. She didn't age particularly well.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. It was a lot of typing, but if just one person can help, it was worth it.

Last edited by maxbling; January 27th, 2017 at 04:23 AM..
maxbling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to maxbling For This Useful Post: