View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2015, 11:29 AM   #65
beutelwolf
paludicolous paravant

Thanked 745,818 Times in 26,861 Posts
beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by effCup View Post
I agree but I think MIR mods. are also aware of the manner in which additions are made to query threads. Some are clearly just bumps and so are rightly warned, others, like you say, are accumulations and so potentially very valuable as they may lead to a solve.
Well, I have seen mods say: we have sufficient pictorial info for id, so that post counts as a bump, i.e. in cases where the corresponding post in a model thread would have been perfectly fine.

Don't get me wrong - that sort of judgment is also perfectly fine as a modding policy as long as MIR has the sole purpose of identification.

If you want to give it the additional purpose of being a pool through which the material of unknown models has to be funnelled then that policy would need an adaptation. Either be more permissive in such cases regarding thread content, or... allow (e.g. in the mystery corner) the creation of additional-material threads for mysteries outside the box; members could even link these to their original queries themselves by editing their respective posts, provided it is additional material to their own mystery. This has (eventually, given the current delay in box management) the additional advantage of being less work for mods when it comes to putting things into the box, i.e. the additional material thread and the link to it would already exist.
beutelwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to beutelwolf For This Useful Post: