View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2017, 04:56 PM   #221
jokerit2

Thanked 1,746 Times in 53 Posts
jokerit2 10000+jokerit2 10000+jokerit2 10000+jokerit2 10000+jokerit2 10000+jokerit2 10000+jokerit2 10000+jokerit2 10000+jokerit2 10000+jokerit2 10000+jokerit2 10000+
Default A very classy stock broker...Marina Verola

In 1983, Marina E. Verola, a 29-year-old mother of two from Fort Lauderdale, posed in a seven-page Playboy magazine spread that appeared in Playboy USA of march. She wanted to show that "beauty and brains can go together." But what she really proved was that personal freedom and corporate culture never mix. When she asked for permission to pose, the company (Dean Witter Reynolds in Fort Lauderdale) closed every opportunity to explain to her and her husband. Verola, who worked with her husband there, lost her job.
Mrs. Verola said she felt the firing was 'unwarranted' and 'unjustified.
Ather this bad experience, She begun a new brokerage work for E.F. Hutton, but she did not tell anything about posing for Playboy until after the magazine appeared and
then, another time, she was forced to resign or be fired.
She said she would remain a broker and would continue publishing an investment newsletter.
Officials at E.F. Hutton headquarters in New York did'nt relesed any comment.
Verola won national media attention, and appeared on the popular talk shows of the day. But she never appeared semi-naked in print again. "I went public one, she said," but now I'm going back to being me again." Then she started as president a new brokerage activity named Marina Securities, Inc. in Vero Beach, Florida.

The classy Marina in a recent pic...
jokerit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 62 Users Say Thank You to jokerit2 For This Useful Post: