View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:21 PM   #20
Denaniel
Administrator

Thanked 425,707 Times in 13,440 Posts
Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+

Here's a tip for when you click on links from a multihoster, e.g. mirrorcreator, embedupload, uploadmirrors, etc.

JD will "decrypt" the multihoster links into individual links at every host for each file, so you may end up with a long list of links. I used to delete all but one link for each file, alternating between different hosts for each part. But I figured out a better way.

The problem was, sometimes a file would fail to download completely, and then I'd have to go back and find the link for that file at the multihoster again and choose a different host.

Instead of deleting, I now just disable the other links, by right clicking on all but one link for each file and selecting "disable" from the list.

Here is an example:

The light gray lines are links that I already disabled. The dark gray lines are links I selected just before right clicking, and now my cursor (which you can't see in this screen capture) is on "Disable (9)", which will disable the 9 links in dark gray. My next step would be to disable all but one of the remaining links to part 4, so that I have one active link for each part, all at different filehosts.

Then, after loading the "package", if any of the files fail to download, or download too slowly, I can simply disable the active link and enable one of the others (right click on the grayed-out link and select "enable").

You might find other good uses for disabling and re-enabling links, too.

Please PM me if any of my links are dead.

Don't post your thanks, hit the "Thanks" button!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Denaniel is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Denaniel For This Useful Post: