View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2017, 07:13 PM   #78
Aubrey

Thanked 3,510 Times in 392 Posts
Aubrey 10000+Aubrey 10000+Aubrey 10000+Aubrey 10000+Aubrey 10000+Aubrey 10000+Aubrey 10000+Aubrey 10000+Aubrey 10000+Aubrey 10000+Aubrey 10000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammler View Post
And we give each other space. I don't have to like everything she likes to do and she doesn't have to like all of my activities. Same for friends: We have shared friends, but we also have friends the other one doesn't really care too much about. As long as neither side is forced into doing something we don't like everything is ok.

This is the big thing for me: don't feel as thought you have to do everything together. We've been "an item" for nearly 40 years, living together for 35, married for nearly two. Her sister lives with us. In the evenings they watch TV together and I come in here to watch Jess Franco and Gialli and the like.

We have different tastes (but both dislike the same things) and similar political views. We rarely go out together. We rarely get sick of each other, hardly ever argue (I usually give in first because it's not worth the bother: you prove you're right - so what? We don't argue about big things anyway.)
The future of man!
-Momus
Aubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aubrey For This Useful Post: