View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2017, 03:52 AM   #60
rosestone
Veteran Member

Thanked 37,954 Times in 2,261 Posts
rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+rosestone 175000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsmith View Post
I'm sorry Loose but there is a heck of a lot of violence in a partnership caused by women / females that does not go reported.

Plus newspapers and media are unable or frightened to report the fact as it could be classed as reversed sexism.

Ten years ago I was involved in voluntary work helping "families in difficulties". Nothing to do with money problems. Mainly relationship problems.

Believe me, it was not all down to male testosterone.

I even had a meeting where a women came with a knife and produced it when her husband started to tell his side of the story.
Any discussion about this is coloured by the obvious point that men do far worse things to women than women do to men. Sex slavery, mass violence, rape, genital mutilation, groping on the bus, these are almost exclusively male crimes. But still, two wrongs don't make a right.

I have known some abusive women, but zero abusive men, although that could well be because I deliberately would not associate with that type of guy. My mother occasionally behaved violently towards my father, and my wife has done the same to me.

I have experienced one shocking incident of violence by a female on her boyfriend. A friend of mine's then girlfriend, after having told him she was pregnant (which turned out to be a deliberate lie), picked up a glass ashtray and threw it at my friend's face. If he hadn't put his arm up, it might have killed him. I was present at the time. He had done nothing to provoke this, except tell her that if she was carrying his child, perhaps she shouldn't be going out and getting drunk.

I was somewhat traumatised, but apparently she did this kind of thing routinely, she would punch him and kick him, throw mugs of hot coffee at him etc. Her excuse was "He makes me do it", the epigram of the wife beater since the dawn of time. My friend also told me that last he heard of her, she had broken her new boyfriend's nose. I don't think she was ever reported to the police.
rosestone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rosestone For This Useful Post: