Thread: Windows 10?
View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2015, 12:29 AM   #52
Rick Danger
Vintage Member

Thanked 30,874 Times in 1,714 Posts
Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+Rick Danger 100000+
Default The ongoing question of Windows Media Player

I have invested years in cataloging music and videos using Windows Media Player, and creating a library of playlists.

As you read in my last post, Microsoft's Windows 10 Specification page clearly states that Windows Media Center is removed with the Windows 10 installation. Also, on the Windows 10 Q&A webpage is the following:

Will Windows Media Center be available in Windows 10?

Windows Media Center is not part of Windows 10 and won’t be available after upgrading to Windows 10. If you use Windows Media Center, we will alert you during upgrade that Windows Media Center is not available on Windows 10. We know that some users use Windows Media Center to play DVDs, and we are providing a free DVD playback app in Windows 10 for Windows Media Center users.

So I decided to chat up one of Microsoft's support people on this simple question: "Since Windows Media Player is not available under Windows 10, what happens to my playlists from WMP ?"

You'll notice after the response, the tech dropped the chat session.

Draw your own conclusions....................

What's interesting is that Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center are two separate applications. Windows Media Center is only available to users of Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate editions, and Windows 8 Pro Pack, or to users of Windows 8 Pro by purchasing the Windows Media Center Pack.

So, is it possible that Windows Media Player is part of the base Windows 10 product ?

Are you as confused as I am ? I'm certainly not gaining a comfort level concerning this matter....................
Rick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Rick Danger For This Useful Post: