View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #25
MemoryHunter
Vintage Member

Thanked 18,256 Times in 1,144 Posts
MemoryHunter 50000+MemoryHunter 50000+MemoryHunter 50000+MemoryHunter 50000+MemoryHunter 50000+MemoryHunter 50000+MemoryHunter 50000+MemoryHunter 50000+MemoryHunter 50000+MemoryHunter 50000+MemoryHunter 50000+

Zplonk,

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it...

This site is free due to (minimal) advertising, and the revenues are just sufficient to cover its operational costs. Even the mods work for free. Any legal defence incurs costs which can be immense and cases can take a long time to resolve, often running into years.

TV and movie studios, along with many actors and actresses employ their own legal teams and have access to large cash reserves.

The bottom line is that potentially any legal action could see the Forum closed for the duration of any case(s) after which the site may be able to reopen after a successful outcome, but it might then need to raise revenue to recoup the costs of legal fees.

If the site is acted against, that may well deter future advertisers and then there remain only two options; close down or become a pay site.

I like the site the way it is. I wouldn't want to see more advertising, or have to pay to be here. Worst of all I'd hate to see the place shut down, even if it were only temporarily.

The best way to avoid people taking legal action is to not give them any reason to do so. Whether it's a legitimate action, or just some nutcase(s) out to cause the site to close through lack of funds.

You may not agree with the rules, but you do have to follow them. As you have stated, the material you talk about is widely available elsewhere on the 'net. So you are not being denied access to it. It's just that you wont see it here.

Life isn't always fair, and the way we'd like it to be. Sometimes you just need to accept that; "That's just the way it is." and learn to live with it.

Looking for a favourite, but you don't know her name? There's a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, that may help. It's for known models only, don't post requests, or you will be 'Mod-ified.'

Last edited by MemoryHunter; August 30th, 2012 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: Slight rewording
MemoryHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MemoryHunter For This Useful Post: