View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2015, 10:04 PM   #66
Pepper II
Super Moderator

Thanked 119,280 Times in 7,642 Posts
Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+Pepper II 500000+

I try to look at adding material to a request thread in this way:

When the original requester adds one pic periodically from the same photo shoot no real value is added to the thread and I consider this a bump. Even in these cases I generally allow of couple of additional posts before I put a stop to it.

If a model does have a thread the request is usually solved quickly so bumping is generally not an issue. But when the requested model does not have a thread then all additional material is desirable since our request thread will probably eventually become her model thread.

The issue of using a recently created model thread as a solving reference is not new and Immy was correct in directing us to these. But in my opinion those three threads were a bit premature since there are no good solid references for the names used for the titles and the model could well have an existing thread. In one instance there are two different names for the model in the scans used in the first post so the thread starter just picked one. This is not something we should advocate.

In the end all of these are judgement calls and I have the sometimes unenviable position of being the judge. But please don't hesitate to call to my attention if you feel there's been an oversight; it does happen. Just make a post here or PM me. In the end we all want the same thing: to have the most useful model name and to have the most complete collection of her work.
Pepper II is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Pepper II For This Useful Post: