View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2008, 07:20 AM   #6
gregj1967
Vintage Member

Thanked 48,084 Times in 1,169 Posts
gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+gregj1967 250000+

Well I still beg to differ with you CTRFLD_Admirer and I still say it's a fake. The pose "Lynda" is in is exactly the same as the Camp photo, but inverted. It's really no problem to make the changes that the artist made to the photo to get it to look like Lynda, and the fact that you've had the photo since 1980 doesn't mean anything; people have been creating fake & composite photos for decades, just ask the CIA. It's a very good fake, I'll grant you, but a fake nonetheless. I find it extremely hard to believe that a great nude photo of a well-known star--and a major sex-symbol at that--is still relatively obscure.

If it is genuine, why has Pl@boy NEVER published it? In the mid-70s Lynda wasn't a big enough star to demand or even ask that Pl@boy not publish it. I seriously doubt that Pl@boy ever spends the time and money on a photoshoot without retaining all publishing rights. Asuming it is a Pl@boy photo, how did anyone get a hold of a copy of the negative to make prints from without having their asses sued off by Hefner & Co.? How come that photo is not nearly as common as the many other swimsuit and cheesecake photos of Lynda that everyone has seen a million times already? It's a nude of Lynda Carter! If it was real it would be being sold by 20 times the e-bay dealers that do sell it.

Why use the Camp photo as a basis for a Lynda carter fake? Because Camp bears a resemblence to Lynda: dark hair, similar build, and of course, large breasts which indeed look about the size of Lynda's. Look at the lighting on Lynda's face and you'll see that it's dissimilar to the lighting on the rest of the torso. The clothing and pose are not identical but are very close. This might be a composite photo that drew upon several sources as to not look like an obvious fake, with airbrushing taking care of the rest of the details.

Don't know what I'm talking about? I've seen tens of thousands of fakes of virtually every celebrity you could name and although there are some truly realistic ones out there, I can always tell a fake from a genuine photo. Don't know why or how, but I just can. I've seen this pic at just about every fake site I've been to or belonged to, assuming the site had Lynda Carter section. I've never seen it promoted as genuine anywhere (except from the aforementioned e-bay dealers). I've also seen thousands of Lynda Carter pix over the years in print and online; I've seen numerous variations and versions of the same photos in the same photoshoots from every possible source so I think I DO know what I'm talking about. Hell, I'm the ONLY PERSON to EVER post exstensive vidcaps of Bobbie Jo and The Outlaw on the internet PERIOD, so I think I also have a good "feel" for what Lynda looks like nude. Do you have a DVD copy of Bobbie Jo? I do, and I didn't buy it online because nobody sells it online. I checked. About 10 times.

And The fact that there has never been any reference to this photoshoot in any interviews I've read with Lynda or any articles I've ever read in Pl@boy, or anywhere else at all for that matter just doesn't jibe at all. If the photo was real it would have been revealed as such and plastered everywhere long ago like every other sexy photo of Lynda. And don't give me the "Pl@boy probably didn't publish it at Lynda's request" or "they didn't want to embarass Wonder Woman" or "the network asked them not to/threatened to sue/ paid them off" explanations. There's just too much money to be had by publishing a genuine Lynda Carter nude for Pl@boy not to and their army of lawyers would no doubt be able to combat any threats or lawsuits that might come thier way as a result. Also, if this was part of a "photoshoot", why have we never seen the other photos of the shoot? Wouldn't someone with the negatives of this shot also have at least a few more from the same source?

If you or anyone else can PROVE that this is a genuine photo, I will eat all the words I've typed here. Third-party confirmation from a source such as Lynda herself, Pl@boy magazine, the photographer who did the shoot would all be acceptable to me.

Anyone else that frequents this thread have any opinions on this matter? Let's hear from some other voices on this issue regardless of what "side" they are on.
gregj1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gregj1967 For This Useful Post: