View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2017, 06:58 PM   #169
carlor

carlor 100+carlor 100+carlor 100+
Default There's no mystery here

Crikey! I canNOT believe this thread is still going. I debated this with the Fake Detective over 15 years ago, and can't believe it's so hard for people to understand.

First, you need to know the SOURCE of the Lynda Carter centrefold photo. It is NOT somehow captured from any film version of Apocalypse Now, but is a PUBLISHED photograph from around 1982. I think the magazine was called FLICKR. I bought it on a newsstand in Chicago. Flickr had no clue that they were in possession of a real Lynda Carter nude centrefold shot (or perhaps they were afraid of being sued?). Because they used the photo, together with Colleen Camp's photo, to illustrate an article on how, in the pre-digital age, it was possible for an artist, BY HAND, to repaint and fake a photo by substituting the head. The article, of course, failed to notice all the other discrepancies, as discussed in this thread. They had no clue that they actually were publishing two different centrefold photos of two gorgeous, but different, women. And when, a few years later, Playboy did a pictorial on Colleen Camp, Steven Chan discussed the fact that she had replaced Lynda Carter. I did not know that till then but had kept the magazine because I was a big Colleen Camp fan. (Still am, darling, if you're reading this). Then I checked the original print publication and saw all the discrepancies. And the mystery was solved. Both photos are published print photos: Colleen's is widely available in Playboy. Lynda's seems to be only available in digital copies taken from the originally published photograph.

It really isn't hard to understand.
carlor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to carlor For This Useful Post: