View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2016, 11:42 AM   #22
slowdiver
Vintage Member

Thanked 17,682 Times in 563 Posts
slowdiver 50000+slowdiver 50000+slowdiver 50000+slowdiver 50000+slowdiver 50000+slowdiver 50000+slowdiver 50000+slowdiver 50000+slowdiver 50000+slowdiver 50000+slowdiver 50000+

I have a question I feel is pertinent here.

A former glamour photographer has a public Facebook (or similar social media) page. Listed within their "friends" on the page, are a number of people who are identified as having modeled in the past, with the names they use (again appearing on public Facebook profiles).

Accordingly it is now possible to provide a near definitive id to the model, to put a name to them, from their own social media profile.

However, and this is where I find an issue. Some, possibly all, of the 'models' identified in this manner, no longer work in the industry. Perhaps they modeled for a very short time, some 20 odd years ago, simply to make a bit of cash. They have 'moved on', and there is no reference on their social media page to correlate the lady you see there, with the naked girl appearing in the pages of a magazine you bought years ago.

While it would be nice to put a name to the models we follow and collect, I would in no way wish to risk causing offence or upset to someone for something they did years ago.

I have previously seen examples of models (themselves, or their partners/husbands/boyfriends etc) requesting that photos, pages or even entire threads are removed because they represent a time in the model's life that has now long since passed.

So the question I suppose is - how far is it reasonable to search for an id, when the person whose id one is searching for has long since abandoned the persona that we are trying to identify? Do we assume that if someone has a public profile, they have no issue with being recognised until told specifically otherwise? Or do we simply stick to the more established means of id, igafd, bgafd etc?

Food for thought

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

slowdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to slowdiver For This Useful Post: